Friday, December 9, 2011

Where's that piece of Toronto?


So this is the biggest image (click to see bigger) I could get onto Blogger since it's so wide but here is a project I did on Toronto. The poster is about 13' wide and 2.5' tall. I stitched about 25 photos I took of a queen street stretch on photoshop. This is a super long stretch with not much room to stand back so there is a lot of warping and perspective in the panorama(especially in the tall buildings). In order to get ride of it entirely i would need to take over 200 photos. But anyhow this was a quick thing and I think it turned out pretty cool.

So I made a where's Waldo game of Queen street!

All the little boxes on the bottom are items to find in the image. I actually put in 2 waldo characters! My class really enjoyed it weeeoo!

This was creative assignment regarding the city and I wanted to focus on the details of Toronto.  We are so overstimulated with constant advertising and chaos of the city that these minuscule pieces usually go unnoticed.  I actually learned a lot of neat things about Queen street that I've never noticed before.  For instance, there are a bunch of shoes hanging in trees and on lines! Now I kinda want to make a 'Where's Waldo' book of Toronto. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment