Monday, March 12, 2012

Music and Memories

Is it strange that I sometimes enjoy music more for the memories attached rather than the actual songs? I've been too busy recently to explore much new music and so I've been listening to a lot of old stuff on my computer.  With every album I surface different feelings and memories that shift me back to the time and place when I first listened and enjoyed the music.  My taste in music has admittedly changed but I will never cease listening to those memorable songs; they've been through all the ups and downs with me.  Sometimes they make me feel like I'm on a roller coaster because I switch my feelings so drastically based on the album and memories tied with it.  Sometimes I wonder why I was even into certain bands.  In any case, i really enjoy flipping through memories encrypted in songs, good and bad, as they make me feel accomplished in some sense.  The songs are threads connecting to specific events and emotions, and I can reflect on the influences of certain people, institutions or things. It's sort of bizarre that songs can do that, maybe it's just me that reacts this way, who knows, but I'm lovin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment